Apple finally unveiled what we have been hearing for the last few weeks (months?) about the latest addition to the apple family, an iPad Mini. It sports a 7.9″ screen, with a dual core A5 chipset and weighs in at 308g and 318g for the WiFi and 3G models respectively. The base 16Gb WiFi model will start at $329 (AU$369), with pre-orders going live on the 26th of October.
Here is quick summary of what was revealed at today’s Apple event:
– New iPad Mini with a 7.9″ screen (from AU$369)
– Updated ‘iPad’ (again!?) – with lightning adapter and an A6X chipset (faster!)
– New Macbook Pro – 13″ with retina display
– New Mac mini – dual core (i5) or quad core (i7) chipsets
– New iMac – 5mm thickness in both 27 & 21.5″ models
Looks like all the iPad mini ‘leaks’ were spot on…again, just like the iPhone 5! Must be a new marketing strategy for Apple
The team here is happy to see the new iPad Mini join the Apple family and give customers another option in the 7″ tablet market.